Pekka loon freeze guide(MADE BY ITSTHEBOWLER)
My very own pekka loon freeze deck is amazing for arenas 8 and below, as I used it to get my lvl 6 account to frozen peak. However, this deck is garbage if you do not understand some key aspects of how to use it. First off, let's clarify that this is a control deck, which is a deck that focuses on allowing you to kinda control the battle. Using a control deck effectively requires some skills that I will try to explain well. Timing and troop placement is a key aspect when it comes to control decks. For an example of bad placement, let's say that a hog rider+fire spirits combo is coming at your tower. A bad thing to do would be to drop goblins and then zap the combo because the hog rider would still be alive and the fire spirits would have killed the gobs. Good timing and placement adds up and slowly gives you an advantage over the course of the game because it allows you to build better, and bigger pushes. Another very important piece of being able to use a control deck well is being able to count your opponents elixer and bsing able to adjust your play style to either come back from a disadvantage, keep your current advantage, or try to give yourself an advantage, also, you should be able to "see" what card is in their current hand. You can get a basic knowledge of how much elixer your opponent has based on what elixer trades they make, for example, let's say they countered your 12 elixer push with 7 elixer. At this point, you know your opponent has more Elixer than you and will try to overwhelm you with a big push. Because you know this, you can adjust your playstyle to play a lot more defensive to stop any of those big pushes. For trying to keep an advantage and take advantage of it, make a big push that your opponent may not be able to stop or just also defend well and keep that advantage. While trying to obtain an advantage, the most important thing is to make good elixer trades(as Yarn would say). This slowly builds up to you having a big advantage and being able to win. You can also see what your opponent has in their current hand(to a degree). Every card cycles back after 4 more cards have been played, and this can be used to your advantage . if your opponent has just a minion horde for your balloon, and you have an elixer advantage, you can cycle quickly to get back to balloon and make a mini push with it because they don't have that minion horde. Now that we have the basics of how to play control decks, let's get into some more info about the deck. Usually you would like to wait for your opponent to make the first move because this deck works best when reacting to your opponents plays. If your opponent plays something in the back your best bet would to put a pekka behind your king tower on the same lane because if your opponent plans to push that way, you will have a better defence and also a good setup for a counterpush. If you do not have pekka in your starting hand, you can do a small push like goblins+fire spirits in the other lane to cycle. If at that point the pekka is still not in your current hand, play something like minions in the back so cycle more. Always defend first with this deck, only then can you put together a safe push. If you have trouble defending with this deck, here is each card and how you can use it on defence_:
- Pekka - The pekka is great on defence just because of how much damage she does, you can use her to soak up hits from splash units while you send in troops like goblins or minions to take care of the main damage dealers, for example, let's say your opponent has a giant+wizard+baby dragon push. You can use the pekka to distract the splash units and kill the giant while you use minions and fire spirits to burst down the support units.
- Fire spirits - These Kamikaze madmen do massive damage and AOE for only 2 elixer! I believe fire spirits are a must have for any deck in arenas 8 and below because of their versatility and effectiveness. In middle or low arenas, people tend to spam troops at the bridge a lot, which can offer insane value for your fire spirits sometimes. Fire spirits can be used to take out any small chump troops, or to severely weaken glass cannon cards like musketeer or mini pekka, fire spirits can also be used to distract troops and damage then rather than splash other units. Lvl 7 fire spirits do 140 damage each, and if all three hit a medium health unit, they can leave them very weak, although never use fire spirits against splash units unless they are distracted. Many people clump up troops and for only 2 elixer, you could take out a 5 or more elixer clump of troops, offering insane value!
- Goblins - Small, green, stabbing machines that cost very little and can be lifesaving in many situations. Packing a mighty 80 DPS at lvl 7 and a lightning quick stab speed of 1.1 seconds, these little gobs can melt troops. Goblins can be used extremely well against any building targeting troops, such as giant or hog rider. Gobs do so much damage that they assist taking down troops very well, although my favorite way to use these green guys is by surrounding troops. Many people do not know just how powerful surrounding troops can be. Some troops that are completely or almost completely shut down by a good gob surround are: musketeers, sparky, bowler, and wizard (yes! Even splash units!) If you want to know more about surrounding, please check out OJ gaming on youtube, they provide amazing clash royale tips and tricks, and have a video dedicated to surrounding.
- Zap - like fire spirits, zap can help against swarm troops, zap can also retarget troops. Say that you have a very low health pekka and full health balloon coming down a lane and the balloon is ahead of the pekka, but the tower is targeted on the pekka. You can zap the tower and allow the loon to tank hits while the pekka gets to the tower, retargeting can be very clutch in battles, especially on defence.
- Balloon - The balloon is crap on defence, as it has low health and targets buildings. In a VERY VERY rare situation, you could possibly use the balloons death damage to kill a troop, but this should only be done in the most desperate of desperate events.
- Freeze - While the freeze is usually mainly used on offense, it can be extremely useful on defence. If there is a big push coming at your tower, it might seem like you are screwed....but sometimes just freeze and skarmy(skeleton army) can melt through a push like that. This exact situation happened to me when I used that 7 elixer combo to stop a 16 elixer push. Freeze can also be used to prevent troops from getting to your tower if it is low health. For example, I once won a game just because I used freeze+gobs on a hog rider and it didn't kill my 38 HP tower. Freeze is good on defence, but use it only when needed.
- Skeleton army(or skarmy) - The Skeleton army is an amazing card for defence because of its low cost and very high damage. The skeleton army is almost like a mobile tombstone. The 16 skeletons that it spawns can swarm various troops. Use the skarmy to melt building chasers like royal giant or golem or gum up large pushes. Any single targeting unit can be crushed by the skeleton army, such as prince, musketeer, or both pekkas. The skeleton army is so powerful that it can even swarm splash units like the bowler or the wizard. This can be taken into even greater effect if the splash unit is distracted. My number one rule with using the skeleton army is to NEVER USE IT ON OFFENSE
- Minions - the three elixer minions card is in almost all of the decks I used in arenas 7 and below on my mini account just because of how versatile they are. These fast moving dark elixer slinging dudes do very good damage and can counter a lot of ground based troops flawlessly. Barbarians? Minions. Hog rider? Minions. Valkyrie? Minions. I think you get what I'm trying to say here.
Alright, now we have defense out of the way. Time to talk about offense and pushing. One of the most important aspects of offensive pushes in this deck is the balloon. The balloon is a high risk but high reward card. It is 5 elixer and does massive damage to towers but moves slowly and has low health. This is why you play the balloon conservatively. You never want to play the balloon other than at the bridge, otherwise you would be giving your opponent too much of a chance to react to it. If your opponent has a defence building to distract your balloon, the best place to put the loon is here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8e9IzB_NN33ZXRNSEtJQlpQNVE/view?usp=drivesdk
By knowing what cards your opponent has you can know when to send your balloon based off of what cards they have in their current hand. If you are in double elixer time, and have an elixer advantage, then you can build a big push that would end up with pekka+loon+ support cards and the bridge. When you have a big push like this, add spells if needed and freeze if needed as well, although that ideal big push would usually only happen once or twice a game. This pekka loon deck is also great at split pushing. If you know your opponent doesn't have the right cards or elixer, you could have something like pekka+fire spirits in one lane, and then balloon+minions on the other lane. This split push would be hard for your opponent to stop. One of the most common mistake I see when people use this deck is when they use a skeleton army on offense. The skarmy is ideal for defence and should rarely be used on offense. Some things that you never want to do with this deck_:
- Spam troops at the bridge - now yes, you will be surprising your opponent with split pushes and balloons at the bridge, this is not what I mean by spamming. Do not just place random pekkas or skeleton armies at the bridge
- Give your opponent elixer- wasting elixer is one of the most common mistakes new players do. Leaking just one elixer is a bad trade for you and gives your opponent an advantage . Your elixer bar should rarely be full
When giving this deck, I assume you know basic strategy and tactics like troop pulling or kiting, if you are not familiar with some tactics like that, I reccomend watching Orange Juice gaming on youtube, as they provide the best clash royale tips and tricks videos. I really hope that you have enjoyed this guide as much as I did making it! If you have any questions regarding this deck, feel free to Direct Message me or talk to me on Discord, or more specially Ash Clash's discord chat(invite code:FwbgFqh) my username there is ItsTheBowler ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°