This deck can be used to push to arena 8+.
Ah yes, the Hog Rider. The true son of God.
- The Hog Rider should be placed behind the Ice Golem and you should always have a zap ready.
- Goblins and Minions will die from a zap + IG death damage combo, leaving the Hog Rider to deal heavy damage.
- If buildings are being pesky (they shouldn't be since you have a lightning spell) Then you can do a Pig Push by placing the Ice Wizard in either corner of the river, and then placing the Hog Rider in the same spot right after. This will allow the Ice Wizard to stay back and support while the hog takes damage.
- Throwing a Hog infront of Archers after defending with them is okay too, as long as you have spare elixir for counterpushes.
This is as meta as it gets. The Mega Minion completely devoured it's nerf, then spit it back out.
- The Mega Minion can be placed after the Ice Golem to kill Musketeers, Wizards, other MM's, overleveled Archers, and Ice Wizards while they're distracted.
- The MM is my preferred troop when it comes to taking out the Miner, as he takes no damage, and does it quickly.
- Leaving a MM alone can score 2 hits on a tower depending on tower level. The Princess won't do enough damage in time to stop the MM if she only gets one hit off.
- You should use an Ice Wizard with the MM when taking out barbs to ensure that they die.
- Use the MM to take the blow of an Ice Spirit if you are rushed with a Hog + IS combo and you don't have an Ice Golem ready. Then use the Cannon to deal with the Hog. This will keep the Cannon from being frozen.
Probably the only meta card that takes a considerable amount of skill to use.
- The Ice golem can pull Princes, Barbs, MM's, Mini and large P.E.K.K.A.'s, minions, all while slowing them down after they finally kill him.
- The Ice Golem is great against skeleton army and tombstones, as he will kill the skeletons when he blows up.
- If Minion Horde or Minions are placed to deal with your Hog + IG combo, then you just hit the jackpot. Wait for the IG to die, then quickly zap the Minions to save the Hog Rider. (not recommended against Zap Bait decks)
- Use the IG to take hits while the MM kills support troops.
- Use the IG to take the damage from Fire/Ice Spirits when they are used with a Hog Rider.
- Place an IG in front of archers to tank.
The ultimate offense crusher. Pair this with any other building or troop and watch the enemy's push struggle to function.
- Zapping Minions will allow the IW to kill them in one blast.
- IW can tank for Archers and deal hundreds of damage left alone.
- IW can kill a princess but she will get 2 shots off on a tower depending on your timing.
- The Ice Wizard can stop a MM from reaching the tower, and can stop Mini P.E.K.K.A. alone with the help of a tower.
- The IW will one shot skeletons that are 1 level lower.
- The Ice Wizard can kill the Furnace's Spirits before they do damage to him.
- The Ice Wizard can distract a Bowler and Archers while the MM wacks away at them.
- If you are playing against Giant Bowler with lightning, (Good Luck) place the cannon at the top center, while the Ice Wizard slows the Giant and takes hits from the bowler. The Lightning can't hit the cannon and the tower at the same time, and the MM can kill the bowler.
- The Ice Wizard will die to archers but not before he kills them too.
- The IW + Cannon can easily stop the Golem from blowing up on the tower, and he can take hits while the MM kills the support.
- Cannon + IW + Tower will kill the RG.
- MM + IW + Tower will kill the RG fairly well.
- The Ice Golem can distract support in both situations.
Before the iTower was nerfed to hell, it used to be my favorite building. When I started to become more and more of a cycle player, the cannon became my new best friend. Tombstone has never been my thing, and the log doesn't counter the cannon as good as it does the TS.
- The Cannon and the IW go hand in hand. They will stop a lone Giant, Golem, Hog, and RG.
- Always have a card take the Ice Spirit's damage if it is paired with a Hog. Otherwise, the Hog becomes a problem.
- Archers, Cannon, and IG make short work of most Hog pushes. The Cannon must be placed at the top center to avoid Lightning. If you do place it there, be ready to drop an IG as well, since they will most likely use archers or a MM to destroy it.
- Against Zap Bait, place the Cannon close to the tower so it can kill the miner, and shoot Fire Spirits from Furnaces. Alternatively, you can place it on the Princess to kill her. Nothing personal.
- When facing Graveyard decks, keep it away from archers to avoid a valuable freeze.
- The cannon can deal with a musketeer if an IG is distracting it first. (make sure to place the Cannon in range!)
Do I really need to explain this card? If you are playing against Zap Bait, always save the zap for the Goblin Barrel. The IG can take out Skarmy, while the IW, Archers, and MM can deal with the horde. Zap should only be used on offense if it'll end the game. (i.e. Zapping the MH after they get hit by the Ice Golem's Death Damage)
2nd best card in the meta, behind the MM in my opinion. Survives Zap, The Log, and Arrows. Nice.
- Archers can kill a MM before it reaches a tower, along with a LJ or a Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- Seperate them from IW and MM, as it will otherwise be too tempting to resist fireballing them.
- They deal with the Graveyard pretty well, but be prepared for Freeze.
- Archers take out support decently if an IG is distracting.
- Archers are great with Hog when it comes to taking out a Tombstone.
- When dealing with Skarmy, keep them away from the tower to avoid being distracted by a Miner.
- Place them slightly in front of the tower to deal with a Musketeer.
- I prefer to never split the Archers, as I don't see the point.
*3 vibrating noises*
- Lightning should never be used before double elixir. The risk is too high, and if you don't get good value out of it, say goodbye to your tower.
- If you are playing an RG with overleveled Barbs, don't Lightning them. There will still be 2 left that you'll have to deal with and that's no fun at all.
- It's okay to just lightning troops/buildings. We all know how nice it is to lightning a tower, but if you gotta use it to take out a lot of support instead, then do it.
- Using a Lightning on a Collector has never worked out for me. It still generates at least 1 elixir, and they probably have 3 Musketeers. Oops.
- Try not to announce that you're going to Lightning them, (i.e. sending out an early Good Game! when their tower is low) skilled players will lightning rod you if they can.
- When taking out a tower, try to aim the lightning in the back corner where there aren't any troops around.
- If you Lightning someone's support troops, and you know they also have Lightning, be prepared for them to Lightning you back. It's kind of like getting the last laugh. So tempting.
What Is This Deck Good Against?
Lavahound decks easily get destroyed by this. Every single one. Lightning takes out MM, Baby Dragon, and Inferno Dragon. Ice Golem and Zap will take out Minions and Minion Hordes. Ice Wizard slows it all down, while Archers light 'em up. Basically, if you hate Lavahound decks, using this will allow you to never lose again.
Zap Bait is challenging, but overall pretty easy if you keep a cool head. The deck keeps you on your feet, but as long you keep zapping that damn Goblin Barrel, and using the Ice Golem with the Hog Rider, you'll be fine. Lightning deals with the Furnace/Inferno Tower + anything else during pushes, and if they become desperate and clumsy, they may just place a Skeleton Army on that IG. The biggest annoyance is the fact that you can't really Zap Minion Hordes to finish them off, since the Goblin Barrel and Miner will probably come straight after. Overall, Zap Bait is challenging at first, but they inevitably get trapped in your cycle if you play correctly. Side Note: The difficulty of this deck goes up significantly if you cannot Zap down their GB, or your Ice Golem won't kill their Skarmy.
Other Hog decks are usually a breeze. Good Cannon placements will catch the Hog every time, and IG distracts a lot of their troops. They typically use Musketeers, Archers, and some type of building. All it takes is one good Lightning and everything goes down.
What Does This Deck Struggle Against?
Royal Giants. I mean what doesn't these days? Lightning doesn't deal with Barbarians very well, so trying to get tower damage is close to impossible. The RG goes down quickly though, so your best chance is to outcycle those Barbarians.
3 Musketeer decks have been slowly rising in use, and are definitely one of the more challenging decks to face. Lightning doesn't do a great job at countering when you have to choose the 2 Split Musketeers or the lone one paired up with a Knight and other support. These games come down to the wire, and making one mistake on each opposing side can lose the game.
Giant Bowler. GGWP. The ultimate counter of this deck. The Kryptonite to my Superman. Bowler tosses the Hog around while the Tombstone skeletons slash him, and the large ginger man is a big hassle when his big purple friend and the flying Mini P.E.K.K.A. come marching down. 80% of my GC losses are from this very deck. I have beaten it a couple times in GC's, but it is far from easy.