Hey, everyone! I have been playing this deck for a long time, and I want to share the strategies with you. I got 12 wins and 0 lose in the Challenge mode, it also works amazing when you are playing ladder matches! If you search a good deck, you found it! :)
- Explaining Cards (How to use them)
- Weaknesses and Strengths
- Main strategy
- Overall Tips (Card Levels, Alternate Cards, What not to do)
If you want to master a deck, you need to spend time playing with that deck. I have explained as detailed as possible how to use it. If you have trouble with something, just ask or read this page again.
If you use it, press the button: "I'm using this deck", Press the thumbs-up button and comment if you like it, need some help or if you have feedback!
This deck is easy and fun to play. Good luck!
(made on 1 April 2017, there might be new cards or balance updates when you read this)
EXPLAINING CARDS (HOW TO USE THEM)
This is your primary win condition. The Hog Rider deals a lot of damage but can be easily stopped. To get the hog rider to the tower, you have to know your opponent, out cycle him or build a strong push. (More about this later: Strategies > Offensive)
This icy tank.. well can tank for your Musketeer and Hog Rider. You use this card more to protect the musketeer from the incoming push, slow down the push, protect your inferno tower from electro wizard, counter attack with the musketeer or use it in front of the hog rider if your opponent has a skeleton army. This card is almost always a good value. When you counter push with an almost dead Musketeer your opponent have to spend elixir to stop the Musketeer. (That is most likely more than the 2 elixir you have to spend on the ice golem)
Another value ice card. You use the Ice Spirit the most on those three situations:
- Your opponent has a big push coming to you, and you have to slow it down or reset some units (like sparky).
- You need to cycle your deck. I most likely use the ice spirit with skeletons on the bridge. You cycle your deck, and if they ignore it you have a little bit of chip damage. Or, in the best case: they spend elixir to counter it. (you have to place the skeletons NEXT to the ice spirit on the bridge at the same time).
This card can also be used in so many different situations. Cycle technique is explained above (ice spirit).
But you can distract units that have a single shot attack and in most cases kill them. If you have a unit coming to you that does splash damage, try to surround him. Do not do this with the
- executioner (You can counter him with an ice spirit skeleton combo: place the ice spirit on top of the executioner
- bomber (You can counter the bomber with skeletons: when the tower has shot the bomber twice, place the skeletons in the center of your base, then the tower will finish the bomber)
- Valkyrie (Can't be countered with this card, but you have enough other options)
What a card. You almost always want to have a musketeer on the field when your opponent has troops on the field. She does a lot of damage to the troops. Protect her when you can with the cheap troops. When your opponents troops are dead, place an ice golem in front of the musketeer for a counter push. When you have enough elixir you can place your hog rider also, but never spend too much elixir on the counter push. You can also counter push with the ice spirit. When your opponent spends 2 elixir to defend that, you made a good trade.
The killer of tanks. Not much to explain here, just standard building placement applies and it is weak against zap and lightning. But with a musketeer, it can still stop tanks (Strategies > Defence)
TIP: When your opponent has lightning, don't place you inferno tower in a spot where the lightning can hit the inferno tower and the arena tower.
A great cheap spell that you can use to reset charging troops and buildings. Handy if your opponent has an inferno tower/inferno dragon. Read /Overall Tips > What not to do/ for when to use it.
Save this spell for the goblin barrel if your opponent has it.
Also really useful when your opponent has the skeleton army. You can predict the skeleton army. Read /Strategy > Offensive/ for more.
WEAKNESSES AND STRENGHT
> I have explained how to counter the weaknesses in /Strategies > Defence/.
1. Decks with more than 1 spawner
2. A little weak against zap/lightning
1. Easy, stable defence with a strong counter attack
2. Pressure the opposite side than where your opponent is attacking easy without spending a lot of elixir
3. Can cycle your opponent defence out, so your hog rider can damage the tower
4. But can also build up a big counter push!
5. Really stable deck, easy and fun to play.
6. Tanks can get destroyed by your inferno tower
7. Can make a lot of positive elixir trades
> This is how to deck is designed to work in its optimal state, But you have to adapt it to your opponent.
- When your opponent attacks you, use your musketeer to defend. Maybe also the inferno tower and some cheap support troops.
- When your opponents troops are dead, you have a musketeer alive, ready for the counter push!
- Protect the musketeer with your ice golem
- If you have enough elixir, place your hog behind your ice golem
- Cycle back to your musketeer and support cards
> More advanced information about what to do when your opponent has good counters to your cards.
- If your opponent has an inferno tower and is running a heavy deck:
Try to make him keep spending his elixir, by attacking him. When he is low on elixir, out cycle his defence, and attack with the hog rider.
- If your opponent has an inferno tower and is running a cycle deck:
Try to always have a musketeer on the field, because your opponent is constantly placing troops. Do not use too much elixir!
Try to get a big counter push and damage their towers a bit with your spells (no, do not use your spells only on the towers).
- If your opponent has a skeleton army
Lucky you! You can try to predict the skeleton army with your log, kill the army with your zap, or go for an ice golem and hog rider combo
- What if you cant get any damage on their towers:
Try to change things, make more positive elixir trades on defence. And go for a big push. Or you can try to out cycle their defence. Do something different, and when you have only 20 seconds left, go all in if you need 1 more tower. No way that the defence troops from your opponent will come to your tower if you get that tower!
> More detailed information about defending against specific situations and weaknesses from this deck.
- The Spawners Deck:
This is a hard one... You don't have many splash damage troops. So the only way to win is to keep attacking your opponent. Make sure they do not get enough elixir to place their spawners. Try to get 1 tower before double elixir time. That is a big advantage because if they place their spawners in the center, you musketeer and hog can kill it. If you didn't get a tower, then it will be a hard game, try to defend with the musketeer and the small troops, and attack with the hog. Also, place your inferno tower in the middle, That building can tank the troops that are coming out of the spawners.
- The Tank/Heavy deck:
Use your inferno for the tank, and the musketeer + ice golem combo for everything else. If they have an electro wizard, you can distract him with your ice golem.
Keep attacking and counter pushing! Don't let them place a elixir pump! Dont let your elixir bar reach 10. Let them play on your cycle.
- Hog Cycle Deck
Use the Inferno Tower for the enemy's hog rider,
Then you can counter everything with your spells and musketeer + ice golem combo. Counter push with that combo, and sometimes use the hog rider.
Card Levels Minimum:
> Without good card levels, interactions will be very different
- Your Musketeer and Hog Rider need to be upgraded.
- Your Ice Golem needs to be able to kill skeletons with his frost nova
- Inferno Tower, skeletons, ice spirit doesn't matter too much
- Log and zap also doesn't matter too much, be still need to be able to kill the cards they are designed to be able to kill
> Hog. Musketeer and Ice Golem are essential.
Log - Fireball (more stability, more damage) | Tornado (Fun, good support for Musketeer, can make units active the king's tower, cheaper)
skeletons - Melee Goblins (Faster, more reliable but also more expensive)
ice spirit - This deck requires at least 1 cycle card, you can replace this with Fire Spirits (more damage) or Melee Goblins (Better defence). !You need at least the 1 elixir skeletons or the ice spirit!
Inferno Tower - I don't suggest changing this. But if you really want it, replace it with Elite Barbarians (Counter push, but you will always take damage and is more expensive) or Cannon (really cheap, but makes the deck weaker against tanks, especially against the lava hound balloon combo.
What not to do:
> Just a few things...
- Don't use zap on inferno tower when your hog rider doesn't have any support
- Don't use the spells only on the tower
- DO save the log for the goblin barrel
- Don't place the musketeer next to the tower when your opponent has a fireball
- Don't spend all your elixir on offence, your main defence cost 5 or 6 elixir!
- Don't place your inferno in the range of the lightning spell when your opponent has that
- Do not get frustrated, after playing a few times with this deck you get better
First practice against the trainer and your clan mates. Then you can try to do a classic challenge with this deck. If you know a little bit how this deck works, you can play ladder matches.